This gorgeous summer fruit salad is made with stone fruit like peaches, nectarines and cherries, fresh berries and a delicious lemon maple thyme dressing. The dressing elevates everything to a whole new level for a salad you won't be able to stop eating!
- 4-6 cups sliced stone fruit of choice* (cherries, peaches, plums, apricots, nectarines, etc)
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Prepare all stone fruit by slicing thinly. If using cherries, be sure to remove pits.
- Add all fruit to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and thyme until well combined.
- Pour dressing over fruit and toss gently to coat. Enjoy right away or chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator before enjoying.
*Generally one large peach or nectarine will yield about 1 cup of sliced fruit, whereas you'll need about 3-4 apricots or plums for 1 cup.
Feel free to use any combination of fresh fruit – you can keep it super simple with just one or two, or use a few different types.
If you don't like (or don't have) any fresh thyme, feel free to sub with mint or basil.
Serving suggestions: this salad is absolutely delicious plain as a snack or side dish. It's also fantastic over ice cream or with whipped cream for a light dessert.
Storage: this salad is best enjoyed within about 2 days. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and stir well again before serving.
Make ahead: this salad actually tastes even better when it has a chance to sit and soak up the dressing. We suggest making this salad no more than 24 hours before serving. Stir well before serving!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 15.1 g
- Sodium: 292.1 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
Keywords: summer fruit salad