Everything about this gazpacho is peak summer; fresh, juicy strawberries and watermelon, cooling cucumber, ripe tomatoes, fiery jalapeño & aromatic basil.
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 3 cups diced watermelon
- 1 small roasted red beet
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato
- 1 jalapeño (if you’d prefer spicier, add seeds and pith. If not, remove them before adding)
- Juice from 1/2 of a freshly squeezed lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion (rinsed in boiling water for 10 seconds)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- For garnish: coconut milk, fresh herbs
- Wash and prep all ingredients.
- Add everything except olive oil to blender. Start blending, and slowly stream in olive oil while blending. Blend for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until completely smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours. Serve with a garnish of coconut milk and fresh herbs.