Potato salad, reimagined with refreshing Spring ingredients! Roasted fingerling potatoes, asparagus, peas, radishes, and a lemon dill vinaigrette: the perfect light side dish.
- 1 1/2 lbs. fingerling potatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 small radishes (about ½ cup sliced), thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled peas
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced thinly on a bias
- 1 cup asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp agave or honey
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- A few cracks of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F and bring a large pot of water to a boil with about 2 tsp salt.
- Add potatoes to boiling water, reduce heat to a simmer and let cook 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly and spread out on cutting board. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half and toss in olive oil and salt. Spread evenly on a sheet pan and transfer to oven.
- Roast until crispy, about 23-25 minutes, stirring gently halfway through roasting.
- In the meantime, heat water to steam asparagus. Steam asparagus for about 3 minutes, until just tender, then plunge into ice water for 1 minute to cool down. Drain and set aside.
- Prep remaining vegetables and add to a large bowl with asparagus.
- Whisk all ingredients together to make vinaigrette. Taste and adjust as needed.
- When potatoes are finished, let cool for a few minutes, then add to bowl with other vegetables. Add about half of the dressing and toss well. Add more dressing as desired – we usually add a bit more just before serving.
Don’t be afraid to heavily salt the water while boiling the potatoes! It adds a ton of flavor, and the extra salt is discarded when you drain the potatoes.