These Spicy Breakfast Potato Tacos with avocado, jalapeño and vegan chipotle mayo are one of our new favorite homemade brunch recipes. These vegan and gluten free tacos are flavorful, satisfying and easy to make. Give them a try this weekend!
- 2 lbs. yukon gold potatoes (about 5–6 medium-sized potatoes)
- 2 tbsp oil or vegan butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Tortillas of choice
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced thinly
- Pickled red onions (optional)
- Spicy vegan mayo (we use this)
- Cilantro and lime for garnish
- Fill a stock pot with water and a large pinch of salt (at least 1 tsp). Bring to a boil.
- Wash and dice potatoes, then add to boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes, until they just start to become fork-tender.
- Drain well. Heat a large skillet over medium and add neutral oil or butter.
- Add potatoes and spices. Stir gently to coat potatoes in spices. Let the potatoes get crispy on one side (about 5 minutes), then flip and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add more salt if necessary/desired.
- To assemble tacos, warm tortillas, then top with potatoes, avocado, sliced jalapeño, pickled red onion and vegan mayo. Enjoy!