Our vegan breakfast tacos are a light, nutritious, and easy way to start off your day. We combine tofu and mushrooms to deliver a protein-packed vegan breakfast taco that will keep you going for hours.
- 14 oz (or 1 package) of firm tofu
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced avocado
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Pickled veggies of your choice
- Wrap 14 oz of tofu (a standard block will be 14 oz) in a cloth or paper towel and press out moisture for 30 minutes by placing a heavy object on top. A heavy pot/pan or a big book will work.
- In a large bowl, use your fingers to crumble the tofu into tiny bits.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl and pour into bowl with tofu. Stir well to coat crumbled tofu.
- In a pan over medium heat, drizzle a bit of olive oil and add tofu mixture, stirring frequently until warmed. Set aside in a bowl.
- In the same pan, add more oil and keep the heat on medium. Add in mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper and sauté until tender.
- Assemble tacos as desired.
Make sure to press the tofu by wrapping it in a paper towel/cloth and setting a heavy object on top of it. Let it press for 30 minutes.
This recipe works great as a breakfast bar. Put each component in a small bowl and let your family customize their own breakfast tacos.
Make mini burritos and then freeze for meal prep!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Taco
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 712.2 mg
- Fat: 16.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 10.3 g
Keywords: vegan breakfast tacos, scrambled tofu tacos