Scrambled tofu is the perfect vegan alternative to eggs - it makes for a delicious, filling breakfast taco!
- 14 oz (or 1 package) of firm tofu
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2-3/4 tsp turmeric
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, cut in half and sliced
- 1 8 oz box button mushrooms, ends cut off and sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cut in half, cored, and sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced tomatoes
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Microgreens for garnish
- Lime slices
- Wrap tofu in a towel or paper towel and press out moisture for 30 minutes (we put a heavy pan on top).
- In a large bowl, crumble the tofu. Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl and pour into bowl with tofu.
- Stir well to coat crumbled tofu.
- In a pan over medium heat, drizzle a bit of olive oil and add tofu mixture, stirring frequently until warmed and ready to serve.
- In a large pan, heat oil to medium.
- Add in mushrooms, fennel, parsley, salt and pepper and sauté until tender.
- Assemble tacos as desired.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop