Gluten free english muffins are the perfect vehicle for this satisfying scrambled tofu and avocado breakfast sandwich. You can make the filling ahead of time and throw this together in 5 minutes for an on-the-go breakfast!
- 14 oz firm tofu
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½–¾ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Canyon Gluten Free Original English Muffins, sliced in half and toasted
- 2 tbsp spicy vegan mayo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup micro greens of choice
- Wrap tofu in a towel or paper towel and press out moisture for 30 minutes (we put a heavy pan on top).
- In a large bowl, crumble the tofu. Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl and pour into bowl with tofu. Stir well to coat crumbled tofu.
- In a pan over medium heat, drizzle a bit of olive oil and add tofu mixture, stirring frequently until warmed and ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, toast english muffins and spread each half with vegan mayo. Add a layer of scrambled tofu, followed by microgreens, avocado, and the other half of the english muffin. Enjoy!
If you don’t like english muffins, this would also be great as a bagel sandwich, or as an open-faced regular sandwich (also known as toast ;)).
Keywords: vegan breakfast, on-the-go