This creamy vegan carrot dip is savory, smoky and sweet. It’s the make-ahead appetizer you need this holiday season.
- 1 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch rounds
- 3–4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, reserve liquid
- ¼–½ cup liquid from chickpeas (aquafaba)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1½ lemons
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Add the carrots to a baking sheet and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp salt. Roast until soft and beginning to carmelize, about 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Add the roasted carrots, remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, chickpeas, chickpea liquid, garlic, lemon juice, paprika, cumin and chili powder to a food processor and blend on high until smooth. Add additional olive oil and/or chickpea liquid to reach desired consistency and season with salt and chile powder.