This vegan roasted carrot dip is creamy, flavorful and absolutely delicious! It's perfect to spread on crackers as an afternoon snack, on a sandwich, or to serve as part of an appetizer spread at a holiday party. It's easy to make and only requires 10 ingredients.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained, reserve liquid
- 1/3 -1/2 cup liquid from chickpeas (aquafaba)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 205°C. Wash and peel carrots and roughly chop.
- In a mixing bowl, add the carrots, 1 tablespoon of oil, salt, cumin, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Stir well until carrots are evenly coated.
- Spread carrots evenly on a sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until fork tender.
- Add the roasted carrots, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, chickpeas, ⅓ cup of aquafaba, garlic, and lemon juice to a food processor and blend on high until smooth and creamy. If needed, add more 1-2 more tablespoons of olive oil or aquafaba to thin it out.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within 3-5 days.
Extra spice: for an extra spicy dip, add more chili powder or a dash of your favorite hot sauce. Cayenne is also a great addition, but a little goes a long way.
Chickpeas: no need to rinse your chickpeas for this recipe – you'll actually need to keep some of the liquid from the can! You can also sub with white beans if preferred.
Aquafaba: This is the liquid from a can of chickpeas. We use a little bit of it in the dip to help it blend better. Without the aquafaba, your dip might be a bit more chunky (which some prefer), but we like ours smooth as can be!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dips
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 510.6 mg
- Fat: 6.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.6 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
Keywords: carrot dip