This vegan tabbouleh with quinoa is refreshing, bright and also happens to be naturally gluten free! Ready in less than 30 minutes, it's the perfect make-ahead salad for meal prep, quick lunches and dinners.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup curly parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Add 1 cup of dry quinoa to a saucepan with 2 cups of water, 1 tbsp olive oil and 3/4 tsp salt. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add cooled quinoa, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, parsley, green onion and mint to a large bowl. Pour dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
Technically, you can use curly or flat leaf parsley for tabbouleh, but we prefer curly parsley for a light, voluminous salad. Flat leaf parsley is a bit more concentrated in flavor, but not quite as much texture.
No fresh mint? You can sub with 1 tbsp of dried mint.
Storage: This quinoa tabbouleh lasts about 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
We suggest making this quinoa tabbouleh up to a day ahead of time. The longer the salad sits, the more the quinoa soaks up flavor. It's still perfectly delicious if you eat it right away, but this is our favorite way to serve this vegan tabbouleh.
The ratio of parsley to grain (quinoa, here) differs widely amongst many tabbouleh recipes. For a more parsley-dominant salad, you can double the amount of parsley and cut back to 1 1/2 cups of quinoa. Totally depends on your personal preferences!
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 3.4 g
- Sodium: 329.5 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.2 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
Keywords: vegan quinoa tabbouleh