This Passion Fruit Martini has it all: sweet, tangy, refreshing and just SO good! It's quick and easy to make and perfect for anything from entertaining to Friday date night at home.
- 4 oz passion fruit vodka*
- 2 oz pineapple juice (or passion fruit juice)
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz simple syrup*
- 4 fresh passion fruits, halved
- 2 oz sparkling wine or prosecco
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour in vodka, pineapple or passion fruit juice, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Using a spoon, scoop the passion fruit seeds and juice out of each passion fruit and pour into the cocktail shaker. Seal and shake vigorously for a slow count of 10-15 seconds. You want to make sure the passion fruit seeds really get distributed throughout the cocktail.
- Strain the cocktail into 2 martini glasses. Top off each glass with 1 oz of Prosecco. Serve with a passion fruit sliced in half atop each drink (or scoop out the seeds and add straight to the drink).
*Passion fruit vodka: this is optional, but it adds a lot more flavor. If you can't find any, regular vodka is perfectly fine. You can always add a bit more fresh passion fruit for extra flavor!
*Simple syrup: Store bought simple syrup is easiest, but it's super easy to make from scratch, too. Combine equal parts water and sugar (we typically use 1/2 cup of each) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool before using.
Passion fruit liqueur (passoa) is a common ingredient in passion fruit martini recipes, but we couldn't find it anywhere! It would certainly make a lovely addition to this cocktail, so if you're lucky enough to grab a bottle, feel free to add 1/2 to 1 oz of it to this recipe.
Passion fruit juice can be hard to find, so we often sub in pineapple juice. It still tastes fantastic, but you can use either.
You can make this passion fruit martini up to 2 days before serving. We suggest waiting to add the Prosecco/sparkling wine until just before serving so it doesn't go flat.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: passion fruit martini