These grilled tofu kebabs are marinated in a flavorful Mediterranean/Moroccan spice blend and charred to perfection. Best served over a bed of creamy hummus with pita and a simple salad!
- 1 package (14oz) extra firm tofu
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- For serving: hummus, pita, salad
- Drain excess water from tofu. Pat dry and wrap in a clean towel or paper towel. Set something heavy on top, like a cookbook, and let sit for at least 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium.
- Slice tofu into cubes.
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients until the spices are well incorporated into a paste.
- Transfer tofu to skewers and brush with marinade. Let sit for 15 minutes, then grill for 3-5 minutes on each side, until slightly charred. Optional: brush with more marinade while they're grilling, or reserve some for serving.
- Serve atop hummus with pita and a salad. Use any leftover marinade as a sauce. Enjoy!
Tofu cooks quickly on the grill. Keep a close eye on the kebabs so they don't burn! Be careful when handling the kebabs as they are a bit fragile. I've found that small tongs work best.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: grilled Mediterranean tofu