This summery white bean vegetable soup is loaded with flavor and has a special ingredient: yep, you guessed it…maple syrup! A touch of maple syrup pairs perfectly with white beans, poblano peppers, fresh herbs and a variety of fresh vegetables. Perfect for an easy, delicious weeknight dinner.
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup minced poblano pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 ¼ cups diced yellow squash
- 1 ¼ cups diced zucchini
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1 cup green beans (frozen or fresh), sliced in thirds
- 1 cup diced carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ¾–2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5–6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup Coombs Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- Heat large stock pot over medium and add butter.
- Add onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until slightly softened. Add poblano pepper and garlic and continue to cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add potatoes, squash, zucchini, celery, green beans, carrots, parsley, cilantro, sea salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, maple syrup, tomato paste, and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add beans and spinach. Cook over medium low heat for another 10-15 minutes until greens have slightly wilted. Taste and adjust spices if necessary.