This mango mojito with rum, fresh mint, lime and mango nectar is the sweet, refreshing cocktail you need in your life. It's easy to make, SO delicious and makes you feel like you're on an island in the sun!
- 4 oz mango nectar
- 2 oz pineapple juice (optional – can sub with more mango nectar)
- 3 oz white rum
- ½ oz agave nectar or simple syrup
- 16-20 mint leaves
- Half of a lime, sliced into small wedges
- Club soda or sparkling wine to top off
- Add mint leaves to a cocktail shaker with lime wedges and agave. Muddle well for about 15 seconds, making sure to extract as much juice from the limes as possible.
- Fill the cocktail shaker halfway with ice, then add the mango nectar, pineapple juice and rum. Shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds, then strain into a cold glass.
- Top off with sparkling wine or club soda. Garnish with lime and fresh mint and enjoy!
Rum: you can technically use either white or dark rum in this mango mojito. We use white rum mostly to keep the color nice and vibrant (and it's also more traditional). It's also a bit milder in flavor, whereas dark rum tends to have more spice and depth of flavor.
Mango nectar: mango nectar is thicker than mango juice and often contains a bit of sugar. We like using it in this recipe because it makes for a richer, slightly sweeter cocktail. It also tends to be easier to find in most grocery stores. You can also use pure mango juice, but you may want to add slightly more agave.
Pineapple juice: to lighten up this mojito and add a bit more acidity, we add in a splash of 100% pineapple juice. If you don't have any, feel free to omit and sub with extra mango juice (or sub with a splash of orange juice instead!).
How to make simple syrup: Combine equal parts water and sugar (we typically use ½ cup of each) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool before using.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Cuban
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 517
- Sugar: 107.1 g
- Sodium: 14.6 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 113.7 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
Keywords: mango mojitos