This Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with a creamy tahini-based caesar dressing, avocado and crispy chickpeas is one of my favorite vegan salad recipes. So full of flavor, texture and tastes just like the real thing! It's also easy to make and just a few simple ingredients.
Vegan Tahini Caesar Dressing:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for 1-2 hours in warm water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tbsp brining liquid from can of capers
- 1 large bunch lacinato kale, stems removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted sea salt chickpeas
- Optional: 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Soak cashews in warm water for 1-2 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Wash kale and pat dry. Remove stems and tear into small pieces (or use knife).
- Add to large mixing bowl and toss with dressing. Top with chickpeas, diced avocado and vegan parmesan.
Nut allergy? Substitute cashews with more tahini and reduce the amount of water by half.
Make tahini from scratch with this recipe.
Caper juice adds a salty, briny flavor you'd typically get from anchovies. A small amount goes a long way, so start with less and add more to taste.
Sensitive to raw garlic? Try roasting it, or sub with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
No apple cider vinegar? Sub with red or white wine vinegar.
Crispy chickpeas: we use store-bought sea salt flavored roasted chickpeas, but you can also try this recipe if you want to make them homemade.
We suggest storing this salad without the avocado and crispy chickpeas so it stays fresh. Add both just before serving.
- Category: Salads
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan kale caesar salad