Feel free to customize with any vegetables you already have in your fridge!
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 1 small parsnip, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup green beans, sliced in half
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cup fresh pumpkin or other squash, cubed
- 1 large bunch of tuscan kale
- 30 oz (2 cans) fire roasted tomatoes
- 6–8 cups veggie broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup cooked pasta of choice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large stock pan over medium heat, sauté diced onion, turnip, parsnip & minced garlic in about 2 tbsp olive oil until softened, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, cube/dice additional veggies. Add all other veggies (except kale) to the pan. Stir, and then add in veggie broth, roasted tomatoes, and herbs.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 35-40 minutes, or until veggies are softened. When it’s almost ready, add in kale and simmer for additional 5 minutes to soften.
- Cook lentils and pasta separately.
- Taste and adjust spices as needed. Add lentils and pasta to a bowl and pour soup over. Enjoy!