Tahini gives these brownies a slightly nutty flavor that pairs perfectly with toasted hazelnuts and rich dark chocolate.
- 1/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal mixed with 6 tbsp room temp water)
- 1/2 cup melted vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- Flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 325˚ F and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Make flax eggs by combining 2 tbsp flax meal with 6 tbsp room temp water. Stir and set aside to thicken for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gluten free flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tahini, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla until smooth. Whisk in flax eggs and melted chocolate until well incorporated. Add cocoa powder in thirds and whisk until smooth.
- Use a spatula to fold in flour mixture (at this point, the batter will be too thick for whisk). Stir until well combined.
- Pour into parchment paper lined pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts, chocolate chunks and flaky salt.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting (or else they will crumble!). Enjoy!
You can substitute almond butter for tahini if you'd prefer.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven