Our take on stuffing is both gluten free and vegetarian, but it's still packed with plenty of flavor!
To toast bread:
- 10 cups cubed Canyon Bakehouse 7 Grain Bread (2 loaves)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups celery, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 1/2 cup shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/4 cup peeled and diced apple
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dried sage
- 2 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- 2 flax eggs (1 tbsp flax meal to 2.5 tbsp water for each egg)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Remove crust from bread and cube into small pieces. Transfer to 2 large sheet pans.
- In a small bowl. whisk together olive oil, sage, italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. Pour over bread cubes and gently toss until bread is well coated.
- Toast in oven for 8-9 minutes, until golden brown.
- Decrease oven temperature to 375 F.
- Heat large stock pot over medium heat. Add oil.
- Once oil is heated, add celery, mushrooms, onion, garlic and shallot. Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in cranberries, apple, pecans, salt, pepper, sage and Italian seasoning and stir well. Add toasted bread, flax eggs, broth and parsley and stir.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes, stirring 3-4 times to make sure all of the bread has absorbed the liquid.
- Transfer to baking dish and bake 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on top.