We love the warm fall flavors of this drink – figs, cinnamon, star anise and ginger beer pair beautifully for an autumnal twist on a classic moscow mule.
- 2 oz fig infused vodka (recipe below)
- 1/2 oz cinnamon simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 6 oz ginger beer
Fig Infused Vodka:
- 15 figs, halved
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- About 30 oz vodka
Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Cut 15 figs into halves. Put into 32 oz mason jar, add 1 cinnamon stick, and one star anise.
- Pour vodka over the top (we used pear vodka). Shake jar once or twice a day and let infuse for 2-3 days. Strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth and return to clean glass jar.
- Heat sugar and water in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add cinnamon sticks and bring mixture to a simmer. Simmer 1 min, turn heat off, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and strain through a sieve.
To make drink:
- Add vodka, simple syrup and lime juice to a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake well, then strain into a moscow mule mug and top with ginger beer. Enjoy!
You can certainly substitute the homemade infused vodka for regular vodka of your choice – it just won’t be as strongly flavored.