You can customize this kale salad with just about any fall vegetables you have in your fridge!
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 small acorn squash, cut in half, remove seeds and slice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large bunch kale, chopped and massaged in 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3/4 cup roasted chickpeas
- 3/4 cup sliced figs (optional)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Prep brussels sprouts and squash, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, de-stem kale, chop finely and add to large bowl with olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Massage with clean hands for 3-4 minutes.
- To make tahini dressing, simply whisk all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Toss all salad ingredients in dressing and enjoy!
We note to “massage” the kale, which literally means to massage it with your hands. This helps break down the kale a bit, which makes it much easier to eat. If you don’t mind raw kale, you can skip this step.