A dark chocolate drizzle + crushed candy canes brings these buttery (vegan) shortbread cookies to the next level!
- 1 cup Melt Organic vegan buttery sticks, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 16 oz melted dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Soften vegan butter at room temperature.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until well incorporated and creamy.
- Add vanilla, salt and cocoa powder and continue beating until incorporated.
- Add gluten free flour and beat just until mixture starts to come together.
- Transfer to a non-stick surface and sprinkle with some flour. Knead the dough into a ball and roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness, then cut into desired shapes and repeat until all dough has been used.
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes. Let cool completely before decorating.
- Melt dark chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each interval. Dip/drizzle cookies in chocolate and sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Let harden before eating. Enjoy!
The butter must be completely softened before using – if you forget to leave it out at room temp for a few hours, slice each stick into a few pieces, place on a microwave safe plate and microwave in 7 second intervals until soft but not melted.
Keywords: christmas cookies