With a simple graham cracker crust and a sweet, creamy vegan filling, this cheesecake in a jar recipe is easy to whip together and perfect for entertaining. It's the ideal make-ahead dessert, easy to customize with different add-ins and toppings, and your friends and family will love the cute single serving size!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted raw cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours in room temp water
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 1/3 cup nondairy plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (6 ounces of crackers)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for 2-3 hours to soften, then drain and rinse.
- Add soaked cashews to a high speed blender with cream cheese, yogurt, agave, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Use graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until they become small crumbs. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in sugar and melted butter until evenly incorporated.
- Divide the mixture evenly between 6 small jars or ramekins.
- Divide cheesecake filling evenly between all 6 jars and pour on top of crust.
- Transfer to refrigerator and chill for 4 hours. If you need them to set more quickly, place in the freezer for 1 hour, and then move to the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, more graham cracker crumbs and fresh berries.
Cashews: Make sure to use raw, unsalted cashews, not roasted. Don't skip the soaking – this allows the cashews to soften up so they can blend into a perfectly creamy, rich filling. If they don't soak for long enough, the texture will be grainy.
Toppings: fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries), or another fruit of choice are always a great bet. For a sweeter route, you could also top with vegan caramel sauce, peanut butter and chocolate, a compote, or simple whipped cream!
Storage: cover and store the jars in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Freezer storage: you can cover and store these cheesecakes in a jar for up to 3-6 months (as long as they are well sealed)! Thaw overnight in refrigerator before serving.
Make it gluten free by using gluten free graham crackers.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Soak + Chill Time: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Vegan Sweets
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cheesecake
- Calories: 391
- Sugar: 14.1 g
- Sodium: 609.9 mg
- Fat: 28.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.4 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
Keywords: cheesecake in a jar, vegan cheesecake in a jar