This classic gluten free granola is crispy, full of satisfying and heart-healthy nuts and is fully customizable–add any of your favorite mix-ins to make this vegan granola your go-to breakfast!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts of choice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- Optional: chocolate chips, cacao nibs, dehydrated or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Prepare two baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave. Add to a medium bowl, along with ¾ cup maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until well combined. Set 3 tablespoons of the wet ingredient mixture aside.
- Add pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts, and coconut flakes to a separate bowl. Stir in the reserved 3 tablespoons of wet ingredients and toss to coat the nuts well.
- In a separate large bowl, combine oats and hemp seeds. Add the remaining wet ingredient mixture and stir until oats are well coated.
- Divide the oat mixture between the two prepared baking sheets and spread into a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. After 30 minutes, remove the granola from oven and divide the nut and seed mixture between each pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of maple syrup over each pan, tossing the nuts and maple syrup well to combine.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before breaking the granola up into clumps. If you wish to add chocolate chips or dried fruit, wait for the granola to cool completely and stir in. Store in airtight container in pantry for up to 2 weeks.