The quick pickle recipes here include Ginger Turmeric Pickled Radishes, Thyme Pickled Shallots, Scallion Pickled Jalapeño, Pickled Rainbow Peppers, Garlic Rosemary Pickled Beets and Dill Pickled Asparagus.
Brine for all recipes:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
Ginger Turmeric Pickled Radishes:
- (Optional: sub white vinegar with half rice vinegar, half apple cider vinegar)
- 1 large bunch radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into thin planks
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
Herbed Rainbow Pepper Pickles:
- 4 sweet mini peppers, sliced into rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
Thyme Pickled Shallots (or red onion):
- 1 large shallot or red onion
- 5-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
Dill Pickled Asparagus:
- 1 large bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
Rosemary Garlic Pickled Beets:
- 3 small beets, quartered*
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 4 sprigs rosemary
Scallion Jalapeño Pickles:
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 scallion whites, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced into rounds
For all recipes, prepare ingredients and place in a clean glass jar.
Prepare brine by combining all brine ingredients in saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat to a simmer until sugar and salt are dissolved.
Remove from heat and pour brine directly into glass jar with other ingredients. Make sure to cover produce completely. Seal jars and refrigerate.
*Roast or steam your beets before pickling. Alternatively, you can slice raw beets very thinly and pickle - I prefer them this way as it retains the crunch!
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Preserving