These Za'atar Spiced Crispy Chickpeas are one of our favorite gluten free and vegan snacks. They're crispy, super flavorful, and absolutely addictive! Enjoy on top of a salad, grain bowls, soups or just by the handful.
- 1 28-oz. can of chickpeas (skins removed manually)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ground sumac
- 3/4 tsp marjoram
- 3/4 tsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drain chickpeas well, then spread into a single layer on dish towel and gently dry by rubbing back in forth. Remove skins (some with naturally come off) and add to bowl.
- Toss chickpeas in spices, olive oil, and lemon and transfer to baking sheet once well incorporated.
- Roast for 16-24 minutes, stirring once. Then, remove from oven and sprinkle with another ¼ tsp. salt and a few cracks of black pepper, and stir gently. Let cool completely on baking sheet.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted chickpeas