I absolutely adore this vegan white bean salad with lemon, artichokes, herbs and edamame. It’s light, refreshing, tangy, briny, and packed with plant-based protein.
- 3 cups cannellini beans*
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, quartered
- 3 tbsp capers
- 3 tbsp scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 1/3–1/2 cup crumbled feta (we used vegan)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, plus more to taste
- If using dried white beans, cook according to package directions. If using canned, drain and rinse well.
- Defrost edamame in gently simmering water until they reach room temperature.
- In a small pan over medium-low, toast pine nuts until golden brown, stirring very often. Keep a close eye on them – they tend to burn very quickly. It should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients until well coated in vinaigrette. Top with more feta, pine nuts, fresh herbs and black pepper.
*Cannellini beans can be substituted for another white bean, including Navy or Great Northern beans.
*Feel free to use dried or canned beans. Read the full blog post for more info on cooking dried beans from scratch.
Keywords: vegan white bean salad