We can't get enough of this vegan white bean salad with lemon, artichokes, herbs and edamame. It's light, refreshing, tangy, briny, and packed with plant-based protein.
- 3 cups (2 15oz cans) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup marinated artichokes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1/3-1/2 cups crumbled feta (we used vegan)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- If using dried white beans, cook according to package directions. If using canned, drain and rinse well.
- Boil or steam edamame for 2-3 minutes. Then drain and set aside to cool while preparing other ingredients.
- In a small pan over medium-low, toast pine nuts until golden brown, stirring very often. Keep a close eye on them - they tend to burn very quickly. It should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all ingredients until well coated in vinaigrette. Top with more feta, pine nuts, fresh herbs and black pepper.
Cannellini beans can be substituted for another variety of white bean, including navy or Great Northern beans.
Feel free to use dried or canned beans. Read the full blog post for more info on cooking dried beans from scratch.
Meal prep/storage: This vegan white bean salad holds up well for meal prep. In fact, the longer the beans sit in the flavorful dressing, the better they'll taste. Just hold off on the pine nuts and feta until just before serving, otherwise they'll get too soggy. You can keep the salad (without feta and pine nuts) in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy within 3 days.
Capers: Optional, but they add so much salty, briny, delicious flavor!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 329
- Sugar: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 761.4 mg
- Fat: 15.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.1 g
- Fiber: 9.8 g
- Protein: 14.9 g
Keywords: vegan white bean salad