Watermelon + cucumber make for the most refreshing possible summer salad. Paired with sweet, juicy strawberries, tangy, salty feta and herbaceous mint, nothing beats this watermelon cucumber salad on a hot day.
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (vegan or regular)
- Fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped mint
- Pinch of salt
- Prepare cucumbers, strawberries and watermelon. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together all ingredients for dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and toss gently to coat.
- Optional: chill for one hour before serving. Top with feta and more fresh mint before serving.
For best results, we suggest chilling this watermelon cucumber salad for an hour before serving. This lets the dressing really soak in for maximum flavor, plus it chills the fruit so it's extra refreshing!
That being said, don't let this salad sit for too long before serving. After a few hours, the watermelon starts to release a lot of moisture, so it gets pretty watery and soggy. We suggest serving within 3 hours of making.
Wait to add the feta and fresh mint until just before serving to keep it extra fresh.
This salad is also great with basil instead of mint.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 15.6 g
- Sodium: 249.2 mg
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.2 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
Keywords: watermelon cucumber salad