This festive watermelon blueberry salad with raspberries, blackberries, basil, vegan mozzarella and a simple lemon vinaigrette is perfect for 4th of July celebrations or any hot summer day! It's refreshing, super easy to make and a serious crowd-pleaser.
- 4 cups watermelon, sliced into 1" cubes
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 8 oz package (vegan) mozzarella, cubed into ½ inch pieces
- 6-8 large basil leaves, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar*
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette.
- Add watermelon, berries, basil, mozzarella and vinaigrette to a large bowl. Toss well until evenly coated. Serve right away topped with more fresh basil, or refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
*If you don't have champagne vinegar, feel free to substitute with white wine or red wine vinegar. You can also use balsamic.
Vegan Mozzarella: we use vegan mozzarella from Miyoko's. It's absolutely delicious, easy to find at many grocery stores and perfect for slicing into cubes. Of course if you're not vegan, this salad would also be great with regular mozzarella or even feta cheese.
Feel free to add strawberries and/or cherries if preferred.
We recommend eating this watermelon blueberry salad within a few hours after you make it. As this salad sits in the fridge, the fruits continue to release moisture, making the salad soggy and watery. It still tastes good, but the textures are best when served fresh.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 285.2 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.2 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 10.2 g
Keywords: red white and blue fruit salad, watermelon blueberry salad