Make your own vegan white chocolate bark in a few simple steps! It's rich, chocolatey, easy and fun to make and customizable with any toppings. It only takes about 20 minutes of active work for the perfect sweet treat.
- 8 oz dark chocolate, melted
- 4 oz pure cacao butter, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw cashew or almond butter (smooth)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Sprinkles for topping
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt dark chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring well between each interval, until fully melted. Pour onto parchment paper and spread into an even layer with a spatula. Refrigerate.
- Make a double boiler: bring a few inches of water to a simmer in a small saucepan. Set a metal or glass bowl on top of the saucepan, making sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Heat the cacao butter and coconut oil in the bowl of the double boiler. Heat until melted, stirring frequently, then whisk in the almond or cashew butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes, then pour over the dark chocolate layer and smooth into an even layer using a spatula. Top with sprinkles and refrigerate or freeze until solid (about 30 minutes).
- Use a sharp knife or your hands to break the bark into shards. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Cacao butter: Cacao butter is the fat that's extracted from cacao beans. It's a cream-colored solid at room temperature that melts into a super creamy, rich, golden liquid at low heat. It is THE key ingredient in this vegan white chocolate bark, so there really isn't a good substitute. You should be able to find cacao butter in specialty grocery stores (like Whole Foods), typically in the baking section or online. We use cacao butter wafers (which are easier to melt). If using a large block of cacao butter, chop into smaller pieces to make melting faster.
Dark chocolate: we used 72% dark chocolate in this recipe.
Sheet pan: we used a half-size sheet pan (18"x13") for this recipe. A full size sheet pan (26"x18") was a bit too large, but if that's all you have, you can double the amounts to fit the pan.
Storage: This vegan white chocolate bark is best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Place parchment paper in between each layer of bark to prevent sticking.
Freezer storage: Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before eating.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan white chocolate bark