These sweet and spicy nuts are egg-free and perfect for a holiday appetizer board. Toasted with cayenne, cinnamon, paprika and rosemary, they're salty, smoky and addicting!
- 4 cups mixed nuts, ideally roasted and definitely unsalted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt (omit if using salted nuts)
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the maple syrup, olive oil, cayenne, cinnamon, smoked paprika, and rosemary. Add nuts and toss to combine thoroughly. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even single layer.
- Roast until the nuts are mostly dry and browned, 40-50 minutes. Remove from oven, set the pan on a wire rack, and allow to cool for an hour. Break up the nuts into pieces and store in an airtight container.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American