These Vegan Wild Rice Stuffed Mushrooms with a crispy grain free cracker crumb topping are a perfect holiday appetizer. The filling can be prepared a day in advance for easy assembly.
- 16 medium to large button mushrooms
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 3 tbsp shallots, minced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ¾ cup cooked wild rice
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup ground Simple Mills Sea Salt Crackers, divided
- 5 tbsp shredded parmesan, divided
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash mushrooms well and gently remove stems. You may need to use a small spoon to remove any leftover stem pieces. Dry with a clean towel.
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. We suggest cooking it in vegetable broth for more flavor, but it’s up to you.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and add ½ tbsp olive oil. Add shallots and celery. Cook, stirring several times, for 5-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add shallot mixture and rice to a mixing bowl.
- In a food processor or using a rolling pin, crush Simple Mills crackers. Add to a bowl with chopped parsley, 3 tbsp of shredded parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, stir, and taste. Adjust salt and pepper if necessary.
- Brush baking sheet or baking dish with 1/2 tbsp of olive oil. Lightly brush each mushroom cap with olive oil, and fill with rice and breadcrumb mixture. Top each with remaining 2 tbsp of cracker crumbs and 2 tbsp of parmesan and lightly drizzle rest of olive oil over the top of each mushroom. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot.
Keywords: vegan stuffed mushrooms