This is easy weeknight vegan pumpkin curry. It’s comforting, with a yellow curry coconut broth and tons of vegetables. Serve it over jasmine rice for a satisfying vegetarian meal.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ tbsp ginger, minced
- ½ red fresno chile, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp yellow curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 small cooking pumpkin, peeled and cubed into 1 inch pieces*
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1/2–3/4 tsp salt
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 lime
- Cooked jasmine rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions start to become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger, chile, and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes more. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, vegetable broth, tamari, pumpkin, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes, until the pumpkin is fork-tender.
- Add the broccoli florets, and cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes, or until broccoli is fork-tender
- Stir in lime juice and top with cilantro. Serve over jasmine rice.
*If you can’t find a pumpkin, a small butternut squash will also work. Just peel it and slice into 1 inch cubes.