This vegan pasta recipe is packed with our favorite summer vegetables like zucchini and corn. Best of all, this recipe comes together with just one pot and one pan.
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 5 tbsp vegan butter, divided
- 1 cup finely diced shallot or yellow onion
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, finely minced
- Kernels from 2 ears of corn
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 2 bunches chopped broccolini (discard stems)
- 1 large orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp fine grain kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup freshly grated (vegan) parmesan
- Cook penne according to package directions in salted water. We usually add 1 tsp per quart of water.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter over medium heat, then add shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add corn, zucchini, tomato, broccolini, and bell pepper to the pan with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring several times.
- Drain pasta and add to the pan with vegetables. Stir in parsley and basil, the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, white wine, lemon juice, the remaining 1/4 tsp of salt, and ¼ tsp red pepper flakes. Cook for 5-7 additional minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if desired. Top with parmesan, serve, and enjoy!
Feel free to sub out vegetables for your personal favorites.
Almost any pasta will work here. We used penne, but that old box of spaghetti sitting in your pantry will be delicious as well.
Don't forget to salt your pasta water! We typically use at least one teaspoon for this amount of pasta.
As a general rule of thumb, most dry pasta will be al dente in 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 438
- Sugar: 8.6 g
- Sodium: 523.1 mg
- Fat: 14.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.7 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 15.7 g
Keywords: vegan pasta