This vegan pasta primavera is packed with nutritious vegetables and comes together in about 20 minutes for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. Plus, you can customize with just about any vegetables you have on hand!
- 12 oz pasta of choice, cooked in salted water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced (1 1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp (2 cloves) finely minced garlic
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen edamame or green peas
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 of a lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 cups baby spinach or kale
- 1/3 cup minced parsley
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 3/4 cup vegan parmesan
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions until al dente. (Add 1 tsp of salt for every 4 cups of water.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and yellow pepper and cook for 3 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the carrot, zucchini, edamame, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir well and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are fork tender.
- Add spinach or kale, parsley, and basil, stir and cook until wilted. Add in pasta and parmesan cheese and toss well.
- Enjoy topped with more vegan parmesan, red pepper flakes and fresh basil.
Keywords: vegan pasta primavera