This Vegan Pasta Bake packed with vegetables, topped with our favorite vegan cheese and baked to perfection.
- 12 oz gluten free pasta of choice (we used rotini), cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups cooked green lentils (about 3/4 cup uncooked), cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 cups button mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped well
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 25 oz marinara sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 package soft vegan mozzarella cheese
- For topping: basil, red pepper flakes
- Cook lentils according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and diced onion. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add in garlic and mushrooms and cook down for additional 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, start cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Add dried herbs, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to sauté pan and stir well. Add spinach and parsley, then add fire-roasted tomatoes, marinara, 2 tbsp vegan parmesan and 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella. Stir well and let cook down for a few minutes, until pasta is finished cooking.
- Add cooked pasta and stir well. Pour into a 9 x 11 baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Top with sliced soft mozzarella and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp of vegan parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melty and slightly browned.
- Optional: garnish with fresh basil and extra red pepper flakes.
Feel free to use store-bought sauce instead of homemade for a quicker option.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Pasta
Keywords: vegan pasta bake