This vegan one pot pasta with mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes is a weeknight dinner favorite for the whole family! Quick cleanup, ready in 30 minutes or less, gluten free adaptable and easy to customize.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz fettuccine or spaghetti pasta (we used gluten free)
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped oregano or basil
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan or mozzarella + more for topping
- Red pepper flakes for topping
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste, salt, pepper, and white wine. Stir well, then add mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add broth and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and stir well. Once the pasta has slightly softened, reduce heat and stir in spinach, tomatoes, parsley, and oregano. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot, until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the pasta is al dente. The liquid should reduce into a creamy sauce that coats the pasta (shouldn't be completely dry).
- Serve topped with vegan parmesan or mozzarella, fresh herbs, and red pepper flakes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan one pot pasta