I absolutely love this vegan Nicoise salad with dijon and herb roasted potatoes, hearts of palm, white beans, green beans and the BEST creamy vinaigrette I’ve ever had.
Dijon Roasted Potatoes:
- 4 cups diced yellow potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Herbes de Provence
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (a large handful) of French green beans
- ¾ cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup hearts of palm, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup niçoise or kalamata olives, halved
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely minced shallots
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tbsp white or yellow miso
- 1/2 tsp Herbes de Provence
- ¼ tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Whisk together olive oil, dijon, herbes de Provence, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss potatoes in olive oil mixture and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast until tender and slightly crispy – about 30-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in a small pot. Reduce heat to low, then add asparagus for 2 minutes, until bright green and tender. Immediately transfer to a bowl filled with ice water to stop cooking.
- Whisk together all ingredients for dressing.
- When potatoes are finished, let cool for 10 minutes before assembling salad. Toss everything well in dressing and serve.
Traditional Niçoise salads contain tuna and eggs, which we’ve replaced here with hearts of palm & white beans. You could also use chickpeas, tofu, lentils, artichokes or vegan tuna substitutes.
Keywords: vegan nicoise salad