This delicious vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream is no churn and comes together quickly in a blender with just a few simple ingredients. It's refreshing, doesn't contain any artificial food coloring, and tastes better than store-bought!
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in room temp water for 1 hour min.
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 5.4 oz can full fat coconut cream, only use top layer of cream
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp mint extract
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate, plus more for topping
- Soak cashews in room temperature water for at least one hour, but preferably 2-3. If you're short on time, you can also soak them in super hot water for 20-30 minutes, but soaking for longer is always better for texture.
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe pan. Freeze for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, stir in chocolate shavings. (This prevents them from all sinking to the bottom). Top with more chocolate, then return to freezer until solid, about 4 hours.
Storage: store covered in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Before serving, let the ice cream soften at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, until soft enough to scoop.
Wait to add in the chocolate shavings: if you add them in right away when the ice cream is still super soft, they will sink to the bottom. For even distribution, wait until the ice cream has been chilling for 2 hours, then stir in. Note - don't let it go too long, or you won't be able to mix them in!
Agave: feel free to sub with another liquid sweetener, like maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 402
- Sugar: 26.8 g
- Sodium: 11.3 mg
- Fat: 26.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.3 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 6.9 g
Keywords: vegan mint chocolate chip ice cream