This quick and easy vegan macaroni salad is a flavorful twist on a classic recipe. It’s packed with vegetables, a creamy tahini mayo dressing and perfect for your next summer bbq or picnic!
- 12 oz macaroni or other pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup broccoli, finely diced
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup finely diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped well
- 3/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp vinegar-based hot sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot)*
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp agave
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions in salted water. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- While pasta is cooking, add celery, broccoli, tomatoes, carrot, pepper, peas, green onion, sunflower seeds and parsley to a large mixing bowl. Add in cooked pasta and dressing and toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours and serve cold.
*Leave out hot sauce if you don’t want any spice.
You can make ahead up time up to 5 days in advance.
Keywords: vegan macaroni salad