This classic vegan lasagna tastes just like the meaty, cheesy, traditional version we grew up with! Layers of pasta with a hearty plant-based meat and mushroom sauce, creamy vegan ricotta and a melty, cheesy topping. It's filling, comforting, and absolutely delicious.
- 16 ounces lasagna noodles (can use gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (~2/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (~2 cloves)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces plant-based ground meat (we used Impossible meat)
- 16 ounces vegan ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces (1 bag) shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated vegan parmesan, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nondairy milk
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F / 175˚C.
- Bring water to a boil for lasagna noodles and season with a few teaspoons of salt. Cook the lasagna noodles for about 7 minutes, then drain. They should still be somewhat firm and will finish cooking when baked. To prevent the pasta from sticking together, place the noodles in a single layer on a paper towel while making the rest of the lasagna.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the mushrooms and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the plant-based ground meat until browned and break up with a wooden spoon. Stir in 1 ½ teaspoons of Italian seasoning blend, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together ricotta, nondairy milk, ¼ cup of parmesan, ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish, spread about ¼ cup of marinara evenly over the bottom of the pan, then place down a layer of noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by an even layer of more marinara. Spread half of the meat and mushroom mixture evenly over the sauce. Repeat with another layer of noodles, sauce, and mushroom/meat mixture. Add one more layer of noodles and a small amount of remaining sauce. Top the lasagna with the shredded mozzarella and the remaining ¼ cup of parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered for 10-15 additional minutes. Let lasagna sit for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Vegan Main Dishes
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American-Italian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 476
- Sugar: 18.2 g
- Sodium: 1932.5 mg
- Fat: 18.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.7 g
- Fiber: 10.3 g
- Protein: 25.4 g
Keywords: vegan lasagna, vegan lasagne