If you're ever looking for a no-fail, crowd-pleasing vegan dessert, this silky chocolate pie is just that. With a gluten free chocolate cookie crust and a smooth, mousse-like filling, it's impossibly good!
- 10.5 oz gluten free or regular chocolate vanilla creme cookies (1 package)*
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 16 oz silken tofu
- 1 5.4 oz can coconut cream (cream only - discard liquid)
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan coconut whipped cream (this is the brand we use)
- Add cookies and melted butter to a food processor. Pulse until they form a crumbly mixture.
- Pour into 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom and press into pan using a spatula (or your hands). Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to evenly tamp the crust down. Place in freezer while you make filling.
- Melt chocolate chips and set aside for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Add all ingredients except whipped cream to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy. Gently fold in whipped cream, then pour into crust. Smooth with a spatula.
- Cover (optional) and place in refrigerator. Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*If you're not gluten free, regular Oreos work perfectly. Plus, they're naturally vegan!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate pie