This dark chocolate ganache tart is completely vegan (and gluten free) and surprisingly easy to make! Nobody will ever know that it's dairy free.
- 2 cups gluten free graham crackers, crushed in a food processor
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- 1 can (13.5 fl oz) full fat coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts (toasted - optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in food processor and process until well combined. Make sure there are no large pieces of hazelnut.
- Press crust evenly into a 9-inch circular tart pan or a 14-inch rectangular tart pan. Use the bottom of a measuring cup to evenly press crust into pan.
- Poke a few holes in the crust using a fork. Bake for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To make filling, heat the entire can of coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk occasionally. Don't let it come to a boil or simmer - just let it heat up.
- Use a sharp knife to chop dark chocolate into small, equally-sized shards. If using chocolate chips, skip this step.
- Add chocolate chips to a large mixing bowl. Pour heated coconut milk over chocolate and let sit for 2 minutes without disturbing to let chocolate start to melt.
- After two minutes, stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated.
- Pour chocolate ganache into cooled tart crust, smooth with a spatula and top with chopped hazelnuts and flaky sea salt (optional). Return to refrigerator for 2 hours, or until ganache is hardened. Store any leftovers in refrigerator for 5-7 days, or in a sealed container in freezer for up to a month.
Canned full fat coconut milk is key! The coconut milk that comes in a carton doesn't contain enough fat and won't create the creamy, luscious texture we're looking for.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate hazelnut tart