These easy and elegant vegan whipped cheese and pomegranate crostini are topped with persimmon, mint and homemade dairy free whipped cheese. They're the perfect festive holiday appetizer.
- 1 7-oz container dairy free cream cheese
- 1 7-oz container dairy free feta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1-1½ tbsp mint, very finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 baguette or other crusty white bread cut into rounds on the bias
- Olive oil for brushing
- 1-2 persimmons, sliced into rounds and then cut in half
- Pomegranate seeds from 1 fruit
- Chopped nuts of choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend all of the ingredients except for the mint. When the mixture is blended and creamy, use a spatula to scoop it into a bowl. Stir in the desired amount of chopped mint.
- Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toast until lightly browned, about 7-10 minutes.
- Top the crostini with with whipped goat cheese, a slice of persimmon, pomegranate seeds, chopped nuts, more mint, a drizzle of olive oil, and a light sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Time saving tip: Make whipped feta up to a day ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian-American
Keywords: vegan crostini