We’re continuing soup season with this creamy, delicious vegan cauliflower and potato soup! It’s easy to make and you won’t miss the dairy at all - we promise. It also makes for great leftovers, so you can add it to your meal prep menu.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 ½ - 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 tsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup vegan creamer (unsweetened and unflavored)
- Optional: 2 tbsp butter
- Top with thinly sliced scallions, olive oil and pepper
- Preheat stock pot over medium heat and add in olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cauliflower, potatoes, salt, pepper, vegetable broth and vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- When the potatoes and cauliflower are fork tender, carefully pour or ladle soup into a heat-safe blender. Add nutritional yeast and creamer, then blend until smooth and creamy. Pour back into pot and (optional) stir in butter.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of olive oil, thinly sliced scallions and black pepper.
The 2 tbsp of butter at the end of the recipe add in extra creaminess and richness, but feel free to leave out if desired.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 11.5 g
- Sodium: 2150.3 mg
- Fat: 14.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.1 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 8.4 g
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup