Homemade vegan carrot lox. This dish is just as smoky and flavorful as the real thing. Get ready to surprise your friends at your next weekend brunch!
- 4 large carrots (the bigger, the better)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 1 bunch fresh dill fronds, chopped
- Pickled red onion
- Sliced tomatoes
- Vegan cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Use a peeler or mandolin to peel the carrot into thin strips
- Toss the carrots with the soy sauce, salt, maple syrup, rice vinegar, and liquid smoke in an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Drop the oven temperature to 350°F. Remove the dish from the oven and toss the carrots to coat again in the sauce. Return to the oven for 10 minutes to dry out a bit. When finished, toss the carrots with the dill fronds.
- Serve with vegan cream cheese, capers, pickled red onion, sliced tomatoes on toasted bagels.
Keywords: vegan carrot lox