Vegan Broccoli Spinach Potato Soup is comforting, creamy and packed with nutritious vegetables. It comes together in just about 30 minutes with either fresh or frozen vegetables for a delicious weeknight meal.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup diced leeks (2 large leeks)*
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large stalks of celery, diced
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1–1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp pepper
- 6 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped*
- 2–3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until softened. Add garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes. Add celery, broccoli, potatoes, broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, dijon, 1 tsp of salt, and pepper and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer for 25 minutes until vegetables are fork tender.
- Add spinach, parsley, and dill, stir well and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Carefully transfer soup to a heat resistant blender. Add nutritional yeast and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve topped with crispy chickpeas, a drizzle of olive oil and cracked black pepper.
*You can sub one large, diced yellow onion for leeks.
Feel free to substitute fresh broccoli and spinach for frozen. Since they are typically precooked, you can add towards the end of cooking.
*No fresh herbs? Substitute with dried. For this recipe, use 1 tbsp of dried parsley and 2 tsp dried dill. Add in with the broth.
Keywords: vegan broccoli potato soup