Vegan Breakfast Burritos: the perfect make-ahead, on-the-go, high-protein, savory breakfast! Filled with black beans, scrambled tofu, avocado, and spicy mayo, then pan-grilled to crispy perfection.
- 4 10" flour tortillas
- 2 packages Hodo Foods All-Day Egg Scramble, heated according to package directions
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup spicy vegan mayo
- Heat the egg scramble in a pan according to package directions and prep all ingredients. Place 1/4 of the scramble and 1/4 of the black beans side by side atop the tortilla in the middle bottom section.
- Top with 1/4 of the avocado slices and a generous amount of spicy mayo.
- Fold both sides over the filling. Tuck in the sides, then start to roll from the bottom up, being careful to contain the filling as much as possible. Once the filling is covered, tuck in the sides again and finish rolling.
- Once sealed, transfer the burrito (seam side down) to a skillet over medium heat with about 1 tsp of oil. Sear on both sides until golden brown (this helps keep the burrito intact).
- Enjoy right away, or keep whole and let cool before freezing or refrigerating for later.
Heat up tortillas before rolling: Wrap 2-3 tortillas in damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. This prevents them from drying out, while heating them so they are more pliable. Repeat as many times as needed during the process.
Refrigerator storage: Store burritos in an airtight container and consume within 2-3 days.
Freezer storage: Let the burrito cool completely after assembling, then wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 6 months.
Reheating a frozen burrito: Defrost overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat in the microwave or oven. Alternatively, you can reheat the burrito straight from the freezer, but it may take a bit longer.
Can't find Hodo egg scramble? It's so much easier to use their pre-made and pre-cooked version, but if it's not available near you quite yet, try this recipe for tofu scramble from scratch.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Burrito
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 1021.9 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.8 g
- Fiber: 13.4 g
- Protein: 18 g
Keywords: vegan breakfast burrito