Easy vegan black bean and fire roasted tomato soup: a delicious, cozy weeknight dinner with just enough spice for the whole family to enjoy! Serve with quesadillas (my favorite), rice, or just some fresh cilantro and avocado.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 15oz. cans black beans, drained
- 2 14.5oz. cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 4oz. can diced green chillies (mild)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 of a medium lime, juiced
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn (fire-roasted or regular)
- Toppings: vegan sour cream, vegan cheese, green onion, pickled onion/jalapeño, cilantro
- Heat a soup pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 8-10 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
- Add garlic and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes, vegetable broth, green chillies, tomato paste, lime juice, oregano, salt, cumin, chili powder, coriander, and smoked paprika and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Add frozen corn and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Serve topped with vegan sour cream, cheese, cilantro, etc.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
Keywords: vegan black bean soup