Tomato Bruschetta in a Jar is such a great way to preserve beautiful summer produce to use throughout the year! It’s easy to make, super flavorful, and also makes for a great DIY gift to bring to the host of your next summer dinner party.
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 9 cups chopped cored plum tomatoes (about 4 lb or 12 medium)
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Combine garlic, wine, wine vinegar, water, sugar, basil, oregano and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes or until garlic is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Pack tomatoes into hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Ladle hot vinegar mixture over tomatoes leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.