This vegan strawberry cheesecake ice cream has a tangy vanilla cheesecake ice cream base, a strawberry swirl and a buttery graham cracker topping. It's SO good and you need it in your life this summer!
Vanilla Cheesecake Base:
- 3/4 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 1-2 hours
- 1 15 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 7 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, halved
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 ½ tbsp arrowroot starch*
Graham Cracker Streusel:
- 4 oz graham crackers (gluten free or regular)
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Soak the cashews in room temperature water for 1-2 hours (or 30 minutes in hot water). Drain and rinse.
- Add cashews, coconut milk, cream cheese, maple syrup, vanilla and salt to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into ice cream maker and churn until it reaches desired consistency.
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Heat, stirring often, until the mixture has thickened and you can easily mash the strawberries with a spoon. Remove from heat and let cool completely before stirring into the ice cream.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse a few times until it forms a crumbly mixture. Swirl into ice cream and save some for topping.
*Can sub arrowroot for cornstarch.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Frozen
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan strawberry cheesecake ice cream