This strawberry avocado salad has quinoa for plant-based protein, cucumber, fresh greens, crunchy pecans and a simple jalapeño lime vinaigrette.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooled (1/3-1/2 cup dry, cooked according to package directions)
- 6 cups fresh greens (baby kale, arugula, spinach, etc)
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 pint strawberries, quartered
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted or raw
Jalapeño Lime Vinaigrette:
- Half of a small jalapeño, deseeded and minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 tbsp agave, honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette. Spoon a few tablespoons over quinoa and toss well.
- Assemble salad ingredients, add more vinaigrette and toss well. Optional: top with more pecans.
Optional: cook quinoa in vegetable broth instead of water for more flavor.
Keywords: strawberry avocado quinoa salad