This summery stone fruit salad is made with fresh apricots, peaches, plums and cherries. Served over a bed of baby kale, quinoa, a delicious salty/sweet nut brittle and vegan feta.
- 6 cups mixed greens (we used baby kale and radicchio)
- 1 ½ cups total of thinly sliced stone fruit (peaches, nectarines, plums, and/or apricots)
- ½ cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or wild rice, cooled
- ½ cup vegan or regular feta cheese
- ⅓ cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
Walnut and Pumpkin Seed Brittle (optional):
- ½ cup raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, finely minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 275˚F.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- To make brittle, add walnuts and pumpkin seeds to a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together maple syrup, olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour over nuts and toss well to coat. Spread into an even layer on a small parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake on the lowest rack of the oven for about 35 minutes, rotating the sheet halfway through baking. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, break apart into bite sized pieces.
- While the brittle is cooling, whisk together dressing ingredients and slice fruit.
- Toss cooked quinoa with 2 tbsp of the dressing and set aside.
- Toss kale and radicchio with dressing. Add the quinoa and toss well. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if necessary. Add in stone fruit, feta and brittle. Enjoy!
If you don't want to make the brittle, sub with 1/2 cup toasted walnuts and 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Salads
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 20.1 g
- Sodium: 629.1 mg
- Fat: 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 7.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.5 g
- Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 16.7 mg
Keywords: stone fruit salad